Baku Street Photo Festival (BSPF) is an international photography festival showcasing the best of contemporary street photography and featuring the works of professional and amateur photographers in this genre. The goal of our non-profit festival is to establish a global platform for exploring street photography through exhibitions, workshops, lectures, and other events.
STREET IN FOCUS
The 2021 edition theme is Streets in Focus as it bring together a selection of works by photographers who see and capture the play of light in the leaves of trees, the faces of random passers-by, industrial landscapes, who explore the passage of history through photography or simply try to catch moments.
*for partnership please contact email@example.com
"The photograph must be silent, and it's not about restraint, but about musicality".
(Roland Barthes, French philosopher and literary critic)
Photography is a silent art... But what if the whole world froze? If quarantine disrupted the creative plans of the most famous theaters, concert venues and art centers, changed the lives of millions of people? If entire cities and countries were plunged into anxious silent anticipation? At this challenging time, the team of the first Baku Street Photography Festival (BSPF) considers it crucial not only to support photographers, but also to provide them with a platform for their personal self-expression. We're going to challenge a widespread belief that most photographers and artists are not eloquent. Our guests speakers are from Azerbaijan, Russia, Georgia, Italy and America, and they are ready to communicate with you in the format of zoom conferences and Instagram broadcasts, ready to spell their tips, share their experience and emotions. Our speakers will talk about trips, upcoming projects, amusing and curious accidents that happened to them throughout their professional career.
We can’t promise that watching our broadcasts will help you to become a professional photographer, but we know for sure what you’ll fell the excitement, because our guests filmed in the most exotic corners of the earth, saw the world from a bird's eye view and sank to the bottom of the deepest gorges! No boring lectures – just live communication! You will always have the opportunity to ask a question and get an answer firsthand!
As part of our program, we will try to help talented photographers open up and get a little closer to us. All talks will be held in the evening (convenient for those work full-time) or over weekends.
- Tue, Sep 28YARAT CentreSep 28, 2021, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PMYARAT Centre, National Flag Square, Bakı 1003, AzerbaijanWithin the framework of the 1st Baku Street Photography Festival, organized by the YARAT Contemporary Art Space, we invite all photography lovers to the screening of the short documentary film “Paul Nadar's Baku Voyage”.
- Mon, Sep 20Baku Book Center
- Thu, Sep 16Baku Photography House
- Mon, Aug 30Shirvanshahs Palace, IcherisheherAug 30, 2021, 10:00 PM – Sep 05, 2021, 7:00 PMShirvanshahs Palace, Icherisheher, Baku, AzerbaijanThe 1st Baku Street Photography Festival organized by the YARAT Contemporary Art Space, commemoration the exhibition of the famous photojournalist, one of the best modern Azerbaijani photographers Farid Khayrulin (1947-2020).
- Wed, Aug 11ZOOM
- Sat, Aug 07Baku
- Sat, Jul 31Nur Art House GalleryJul 31, 2021, 7:00 PM – Aug 09, 2021, 11:00 PMNur Art House Gallery, 27 Icherisheher, Gesr str.The Baku Street Photography Festival presents On My Way, a personal exhibition by a young photographer Tural Rahmanli. The exhibition area includes shots taken by the author in Turkey, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan. On My Way is the first personal exhibition of the artist in Azerbaijan.